Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 1

Each day of the homemaker's challenge has a Mary and a Martha challenge. Mary challenges are for the heart and Martha challenges are for the home. Here is the result of today's Mary challenge: 


This is my homemaker mission statement and a weak attempt at photoshop. I'm going to hang it in my laundry area where I hang my "Count Your Blessings" sign... seems that's where I need reminded of it most ;)  The "family" part actually means Drew for now but I hope some day it means 

Drew + 5 kids, 2 dogs and a jersey cow. 

Call me crazy. I think jersey cows are the most beautiful animal. 
I mean look at it. Just look at those eyes!


*sigh* some day

Aaaaanyway, the verses at the bottom of my mission statement are my homemaking inspiration verses:

Galations 6:9
"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."

and

Mark 10:45
"For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many."

Remembering the fact that Christ washed the feet of His disciples and did nothing but serve others during His life here on earth is a sure cure for my complaining. That one gets me every time and makes me feel lower than a snake's belly. 

Can't wait to see what tomorrow's challenges are! Bring it!









Pin It!;

2 comments:

  1. I love your little photoshop mission statement. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for this challenge you're doing and will continue to follow it. You're the cutest, best little homemaker I know :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love :)