Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Please pray



I was going to post my regular Monday favorite things, but think I'll save them for another time. They seem like such trivial things to be writing about on an evening that for some people marks the end of a day full of unimaginable pain. You know when you hear one of those stories that you just can't shake? The kind that makes you take life a little more seriously,
turn off the music in the car and just listen to God for a while, 
think twice before contributing to the frivolous gossip 
and just put life in perspective? 


This morning I woke up to this tweet from Matthew Cretzman:


"We were in an accident just now. Don't know if Azlynn is going to make it. PLEASE PRAY."


I prayed for her of course and heard a couple minutes later that 3 year old little Azlynn had gone home to be with Jesus.


I don't know this little girl or her family but my heart breaks for them. I do know that they are missionaries to Cuba. I know that they are servants of the Lord on deputation. I know that they are a beautiful family. I know that they have a strong faith that can't even be shattered by something as tragic as this. Later this evening Bro. Cretzman posted:


"Psalms 61:2, "when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I."


What tramendous trust in our Savior.  I couldn't stop thinking about them all day. When I wrote down the date today I thought about how this is a date that a certain family out there, a certain mom, a dad, a grandma, a sister, a little 3 year old friend will never forget. When I saw my little sister today I thought about what I would ever do without her in my life and gave her a big hug. I thought of my sister and brother-in-law and their two little girls who are going out on deputation soon and said a prayer for them. 






I think losing a child would be the hardest thing someone could go through in this life and I think it goes without saying that this family needs to be lifted up in prayer as they continue on their journey to becoming missionaries as a family of 3. Please pray. Mr. Cretzman's name is Matthew, Mrs. Cretzman's name is Lana, the baby is Maddison.



More on their family and ministry here: http://cretzmanstocuba.com/









Pin It!;

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this...will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. Yes, I think losing a child would be the absolute worst thing I can imagine. I will pray for this family - oh God of comfort, You know what it is like to lose a child. I pray your overwhelming presence to be upon this family, that they would be continually reminded that You are good and trustworthy and able. Please continue to send people to uplift them and uphold them. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for sharing their story, so we can join our hearts with theirs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kayla - I cannot think how difficult this time must be for them. i will lift them up in prayer as well. Thanks for linking up at Winsome Wednesday. i pray all the prayer warriors out there visit so as a family, we will all be praying.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. May the angels surround this grieving family with comfort and consolation that they can know their babe is safe in the arms of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. praying for this sweet family! I cannot imagine...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love :)