Saturday, February 18, 2012

Welcome!

... to our home! Finally have some pics up for ya. These were taken with my phone the first day we got the keys and I was just kind of smiling, halfway laughing, running around from room to room snapping random pictures and looking like a big giggly weirdo all by myself. In all my excitement I forgot a few rooms so I'll have to show you those later when they're not in... "transition stage"/messy.

This is the view as soon as you walk in the door. It's the dining area and that little railing is one of my favorite parts of the house. I just think it's kinda cute. I'm excited to put a garland and lights on it at Christmas time! 


Over to our right we have a front room which will most likely be made into a little sitting area where I will drink tea and chat with ladies. I'm thinking light slate blues, whites, burlap. Just really subtle colors, but we'll see. Around that corner is a doorway which leads to a bathroom and two bedrooms.




To the left of the dining area is our living room. Can't wait to pick out a rug! There is a little step down which I like for no reason in particular. That door leads to my laundry room.





About-face and we have the kitchen! I have an aqua and red themed kitchen which is turning out pretty nice with all the white.




Ok so... I'm pretty excited about this bay window in our bedroom. There are so many possibilities but I thought I'd try to get some input on what to do with it. Paint the inside? Curtains on the outside of it? Inside by the window? Make a cushion for the bottom? Plants? Put shelves on that wall? I dunno. What do you think?


It's pretty deep. Probably 2 1/2 ft. I'll probably end up putting way too many pillows on it because I have an obsession.





 Anyways, this is our house. Can't wait to start making it our own! 



Don't tell Drew I put this pic ^ on here. He hates it haha.



Pin It!;

10 comments:

  1. I love it, Kayla! Can't wait to see more pics when you start decorating. And next time we are in town, I want to sit in your front room and chat with you while drinking tea. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica :) Yeah me neither. I'm so chicken to start painting though haha.

      Delete
  2. How very cute! I love it, and I REALLY can't wait to see what you do with it! I love your style! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O thanks! :) We'll have to have you guys over once it's somewhat put together.

      Delete
  3. It's so cute! I'm jealous. I want a house so bad. Apartment life grows old:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean you don't love stuffing all your food into one little cupboard or hearing other people's toilets flush or having unpaintable stark white walls?! ;) I hear ya.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for putting all the pictures up so I can finally see your new house! I love the window seat in your room, if it were me, I would put the curtains on the outside of the window to create drama, a hiding place for the future kids, or yourself....ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! What a beautiful house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori :) I hope we can show it to you in person some day! :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving some love :)