Sunday, March 25, 2012

Practical Pinning

If you haven't heard of Pintrest you've probably been living in a cave for the last few months and if you're living in a cave then you're probably not reading my blog. Therefore I'm going to assume you know what I'm talking about instead of trying to describe what really just needs to be experienced ;) 

Disclaimer:
Pintrest is like any other social media/addicting website and should be used responsibly... easier said than done, I'm afraid - "woops, has it really been 2 hours" :/ Also, I suggest either only looking through pins of people you follow or search for specific pins like "rugs" or "lamps" so you don't run across  a "WOAH, really didn't need to see that!"

While Pintrest is, for the most part, a tremendous waist of time pinning recipes I'll never try and craft ideas I'll never do, it CAN be practical if you're intentional about it! Lately, I've been using it every morning for workout idears and am loving it! I could barely walk up our stairs the other day from a pinned leg work out that kicked my butt. Which is good! I like having evidence that progress was made! Here are some examples of work outs I did this week: 

Monday
(Linked to workout)


Tuesday


Wednesday




Thursday
(Linked to workout)


Friday I did a Youtube video Yoga workout.

These are all about 15 minutes long and are easily done right in your living room. I know it's helped me a lot because it takes a lot of motivation for me to actually go to the gym but if I know it's only going to take 15 minutes and 0 commute time I'm much more likely to do it every day. 

My plan is to stay on these 5 workouts for a month and then pick 5 new ones each month just to change it up. You don't need a Pintrest to do this, but it's nice to have it all on one board and linked up for you. If you don't have one just use this post!


Pin It!;

6 comments:

  1. I agree. It is important to be intentional about which boards to look at and how much time we spend on Pinterest! I've started pinning a lot of inspirational quotes, devotionals, blogs and other encouraging pins. It is great to find a community "out there" to be inspired by!

    Blessings, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup... I'm a time waster on Pinterest. Buuuuut, I've also made alot of the stuff that I've pinned. And, if you are a blogger, it's a great marketing tool.

    Good post! Found you from Domestically Divine Tuesday...


    Cindy @ Apron Strings and Apple Trees

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kayla :-) Your post makes me feel guilty because I've been a couch potato for months! It must be God's message to me that I seriously need to work out.

    Thank you for this was a wonderful reminder. :-)

    Visiting from Winsome Wednesday! Take care and God bless! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kayla - thank you for linking up on winsome Wednesday. I look forward to seeing you there again next week. I have recently (re)joined pinterest. At first i thought it was daft as in general I am not very creative, but then I got to seeing that it was FAR more than pretty pictures and recipes. I love how you have taken pinterest and used it as a tool. God bless :)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kayla, you're making me feel lazy -- and guilty! Not about pinterest, about working out! I need to... get away from the computer?? ... and get moving! Thanks for good advice. I've been trying to avoid the time waste on social networking, but yes it has a lot to offer. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for putting us all to shame! ;) What a wonderful, useful example of how to put this new social media resource to good use! Thank you for sharing with us over at NOBH!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love :)