Friday, July 27, 2012

Rainbows and Chicken

BIBLICAL STANCE

world's reaction

CHRISTIANITY

"well good for you"

ABORTION

"agree to disagree"

MODEST ATTIRE

"have fun being a prude all your life"

GAY MARRIAGE

"ex-friends" 

I'd venture to say that this is the most sensitive issue in America today. I would not say the most controversial because it seems that there's hardly any controversy over it any more. It is no longer an issue, not even a question any more. Being pro-traditional marriage = HATE. End of story. 

I think this is the reason I have struggled with the issue so much. I know, I know, for most of my readers who have been in church all their life and have never had any kind of relationship with a homosexual, struggling with an issue such as this is unfathomable. This is not the case for me. I have lots of friends and family who are gay or lesbian - GASP! These are people that I love and care about... and THAT'S where one's loyalty to God and His Word is really tested. It's easy to go gay-bashing when you've got nothing to lose and everyone in your life thinks the same way as you do. (I don't believe "gay-bashing" is right either way BTW - and by gay-bashing I mean saying downright mean things that Christians shouldn't say to or about anyone; I don't mean defending your beliefs in a Christian manner). I don't necessarily believe in standing for what you believe in; I believe in standing for truth. I don't think Jesus would have been a gay-basher. the Bible clearly states that God hates sin (Heb. 1:9, Rom. 1:26,27) and also clearly states that He cares about and loves sinners (Mark 2:13-17, John 3:16) - which is ME. I can't stand when people give Christianity a bad reputation by making gay people sound like the scum of the earth when what they are really saying is that they think their own sin is ok but other people's sin, woah ho ho now that's the REAL sin there. 

All that being said, I am pro- traditional marriage and do not appreciate being called hateful for it. I have my beliefs and for good reason. If I didn't have God's Word to guide and direct me I would probably be all about gay marriage because when you don't know where you came from, you don't know where you're going and you don't know what you're living for... WHO CARES?! I, for one, know where I came from, know where I'm going, and know what I'm living for (Rom. 14:8) - I'm living for my Savior who died on the cross for me and you. And when it would probably be easier to have a 'live and let live' mentality, it probably would have been easier for Jesus NOT to be nailed to a tree and hang there to die... for me. 

I respect Dan Cathy for unashamedly stating his beliefs when asked. Why shouldn't he? That is what he believes and I don't see what the big deal is. He is saying that he holds the same views as 43 of our 50 states. Last I checked, Dan Cathy and I live in AMERICA. Banning a company owned by someone with different beliefs than your city (Chicago, where, coincidentally, gay marriage is not legal) is the most un-American thing I have ever heard! Idaho is a republican state but I am sure we have plenty of businesses owned by pro-gay marriage democrats and we "allow" them to run here because that's the beauty of living in America. According to recent polls, nearly half of our country holds the same views as Mr. Cathy but don't you dare say anything or you are a hateful, moronic, stone-age bigot. I am as offended at those accusations as they are at my stance on Biblical marriage so, I guess the bigotry is mutual ;) Ok, I'd better stop because I'm feelin' the feisty comin' on.

I want to finish by saying
1) I am pro-Biblical marriage (Eph. 5:31)
2) I am not hateful. I love my gay friends and family.
3) I will stand behind God's Word even if the whole world tells me I'm wrong because I know that one day "every knee shall bow" (Rom. 14:11-12)

I am not a very controversial person, but with all the media and "haters" talk I got a little riled up ;) My intention was not to offend anyone, but to defend myself and my Bible. 

One more thing haha:

How is being pro-traditional marriage more hateful than being pro-choice?  

Ok I'm really done now. Promise. 

linked up at:

Pin It!;

4 comments:

  1. Kayla:
    This was put in such a good way. Thank you for writing this. I agree with you 100% and hope that what you wrote will encourage others to re-examine why they hold to a certain belief.

    Thanks again!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not have said it more perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been getting riled up a bit too! I wish we had a Chick-Fil-A here...I'm praying for them and their family to stand strong and do right.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love :)