Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Yard Salin' Logistics

I have been gettin' serious about the yard saling this Summer aaaaaaaand I love it. Thrift stores and yard sales are awesome because you can find super cool unique stuff  for super cool prices. It's not like when you buy an AE shirt that you paid $40 for and you feel all cool until 3 of your friends are like "hey cool! I have that shirt too!" ... :(


So, Friday nights I get on Craigslist to scope out the sales and write down addresses. A lot of times people will list out or post pics of all the stuff they're selling so you can pretty much tell which sales will have the kind of thing you're looking for. Pretty much if the add says - "Tons of clothes!" I'm scratchin' it from the list. But if you're into that - that's cool. 


I write down all the addresses of sales that look good to me and are in the "right area of town" (Last week I didn't check the area beforehand and ran into 4 chihuahuas in the first 30 minutes of saling.... so... yeah. {P.S. I can say stuff like that because my name is Mrs. Garcia}) But really, nicer areas sell nicer stuff so unless you want Happy Meal toys from '05 and stained baby clothes, do your homework.


Having everything written down and ready to go Friday night makes yard saling much more efficient and successful on Saturday morning! Just whip out that GPS, sit back and let that robotic feminine voice lead the way.


Ok, my favorite finds from Saturday:


I got these little hand-painted cuties for 25 cents each. 


They're 3"x3" and for now they'll hang by my kitchen winder {vocab credit to Dale Spindler} 


The china that I registered for when I got married is called Noritake and is O so lovely, but O so spendy. I got a sugar bowl for our wedding but for 2 years now he's been such a lonely little sugar bowl because I'm not forkin' out $80 for a creamer. Not for him - not for nobody. {I'm pretty sure the subconscious gender assignment is coming from watching Beauty & the Beast so much as a youth} Saturday I found him a friend for 30 cents! :) And she is a looker:


BFF's


 Favorite find of the day:


25 cents and it's glass! Not sure what I want to do with it but for now it looks a lot nicer than a big ol' bag of dog food in the laundry room.


Along with these 3 finds I got
  • A bunch of cheap picture frames for a future project
  • A bunch of super cheap doilies for a future project
  • A bunch of cool Christmas tins in which I will deliver cookies at Christmas time!
At the end of the day I think I spent $5 and had a car full of junk - that's what it's all about.


Linked up at:
 
Growing Home



Pin It!;

5 comments:

  1. I have a love for yard sale-ing too. But I never get what I went for. Instead I buy things I already have alot of...princess dresses, mixing bowls, aprons, etc. I need some self control when it comes to these things :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! Love what you've found. I really like the BFFs, and I think it makes for a more interesting table to have things not match perfectly, but to coordinate splendidly! Thank you for linking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding cool things like that for great prices makes yard saling so much more enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure picked up some goodin's there! :) I love to go to yard sales what we call garage sales here in Australia. Hehe ;) They are fun! Especially when you find stuff as good as what you got. :) I dont get to go very often, but i should try to go more! :) Will have to put it on my to do list. Especially since i need to find some stuff for our house. haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, really, you are just exhibiting signs of your Cook-Winterfeld family heritage.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love :)